Cannot Open Database 'database_name_here requested by the login.

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I am using SharePoint Manager 2007 on a test SharePoint server. When I try to open the Site Collection that I want to edit, this is the error message that I am getting.

Cannot open database 'database_name_here' requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'domain\username'.

I want to edit one of the SharePoint lists. Is that even what I want to do?

I go to Content Service --> Web Applications --> ServerName --> Site Collection --> Server Address.

I cannot open any of the Site Collections without getting this error. Can anyone help me with this?

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:18 AM

SharePoint Manager is required to be used on the server itself where the Sharepoint Binaories have been succefully installed as part of the FARM. You are also required to use an account that has Administration rights on the Server itself and preferable at a FARM level for Sharepoint. Your error will be in authentication.

Kind Regards,

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:22 PM

SharePoint Manager is installed on the server that MOSS is installed on. I also have admin rights to the Farm. Is there anything or anywhere that I can check to make sure that I have the correct access and that this is implemented properly?