Object Reference Not Set to Instance of an object

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Hi, I am getting an error: Object Reference Not Set to Instance of an Object. Expanded the zip on my Windows 7 Ultimate machine in which SH 2010 is installed. Any thoughts?

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:47 AM

I am getting the same error on a Window 2008 R2 installation. 1 out of my 3 servers installed application fine.  I have 3 environments Dev,Test and Prod, Dev installed this app fine but the other two not so good.

All 3 have Team Foundation 2010 integration, Dev has everything installed on the one machine, i,e TFS, SQL 2008 and SP 2010.  The other two have TFS server and a SP 2010 Server.

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I am having the same error. We have Windows 2008 R2 and Sharepoint 2010. I have installed sharepoint manager on both the server running the Central Admin and the server running the Web Front-End. Both give me error messages and I'm desperate to get this fixed as this is the only posted solution I can find that will allow me to delete the Drop Off Library!

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I got this error when the account I was using did not have administrative rights in SP.  Use a Shift+Right-Click and Run-As to run it as your SP farm admin account.  Hope this helps.