Sharepoint 2013 on Windows Server 2012

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Domin Admin, Server Farm Admin, DB owner. Unzipped and rand executable as Administrator and it fails with cannot continue as it is preforming preflight.

Does anyone use this on Server 2012 yet?
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I have the exact same issue on my computer, which is running windows 8. I am local admin on the computer and I have tried the "Run as Administrator" option.

Edit:
I have SharePoint installed on my machine!

/Martin
Mar 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Same problem running under Windows Server 2012 on a single-box installation.

The application bombs out with:

SharePoint Manager Preflight check Error
The application is unable to continue and will now be terminated.

Any help appreciated.
Apr 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
same here

windows server 2012

SharePoint Manager Preflight check Error
The application is unable to continue and will now be terminated.
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
DanRGleason wrote:
Domin Admin, Server Farm Admin, DB owner. Unzipped and rand executable as Administrator and it fails with cannot continue as it is preforming preflight.

Does anyone use this on Server 2012 yet?
UPDATE
When this was failing me, I did not have my entire SP site configured. There were still some outstanding steps having to do with AppFabric and Workflow manager. Now that I have my whole SP standalone running on my Server 2012 developer workstation, I just tried SharePoint Manager again, and it opened up successfully.
I would suggest those below that are having the same PreFlight error as I was, to check their SP config and make sure it is 100% up and running and not needing config somewhere. For me, that was the key.
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Why should AppFabric and Workflow Manager be requisites for loading SPM?

I require neither. Will be interested to see how the "paid for" Office 365 version handles these added extras.